Because Our Integrity Is On The LineOur unwavering commitment to food safety has made us a trusted leader in the seafood industry, providing customers with the highest quality and safest seafood products available.
Achieving the Best in Quality Begins With Food Safety
- We are committed to staying informed about all issues that impact the sustainability of our industry. We work closely with our suppliers, farmers and fishermen, scientists, policy-makers, and other industry experts.
- We ensure that we do not purchase seafood that is illegally caught and we comply fully with Country of Origin labeling requirements.
- We operate with as much transparency as possible and require the same of all of our suppliers.
- We offer “certified sustainable” seafood options, including Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certified products.
- We focus on sourcing seafood that meets or exceeds globally recognized standards of sustainability. However we do not refuse to purchase “red-listed” species, but instead, work to engage with the issues and financially support related Fishery and Aquaculture Improvement Projects to move the industry towards a more sustainable future. We recognize and reward producers that demonstrate they are actively working to improve. Our Responsible Sourcing Program (RSP) and our involvement with Sea Pact demonstrate our commitment to improving the sustainability of the seafood industry.
If you have questions about specific seafood products, please don’t hesitate to ask. We also encourage you to learn about the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program if you’re looking for a sustainability ranking system.