A Passion for SeafoodWe have served customers for over 80 years with the finest seafood products available.
Santa Monica Seafood was officially founded in 1939, but the real story began in 1898 when John Deluca, who had only recently left his home in Naples, Italy put his roots down in the port city of San Pedro. Needing a way to support his growing family he looked to the sea. His hard work and respect for the ocean rubbed off on his family and before long his oldest son Jack was tagging along. Those days on the dock laid the groundwork for a family tradition that has lasted four generations.
Jack Deluca spent over 40 years building Santa Monica Seafood into one of the top distributors of seafood in Southern California. Since then, the family-owned company has grown, but our dedication to quality and service remains the same. We are the largest seafood-only distributor in the Southwestern United States and deliver six days a week to most areas in the region. We offer a wide range of services and have well-trained sales and customer service staff available to handle all your seafood needs. Santa Monica Seafood proudly goes above and beyond international guidelines for safety and sustainability.
Experience the Difference With Santa Monica Seafood
We’ve been the Los Angeles area’s leading seafood distributor since 1939. Since then, Santa Monica Seafood has transformed itself into a company which is not just an industry leader, but a global champion in protecting our ocean’s most precious resources.
Whatever your specifications are for seafood, we can handle them. Our vast network of suppliers allows us to source what others cannot to fill all your menu needs. We process fresh finfish and are also licensed to deliver fresh/live shellfish – lobsters, crabs, oysters, mussels, and clams.
Our knowledgeable staff of sales and customer service professionals are available to help with menu planning, order scheduling, par maintenance (we can provide you with detailed historical reports) as well as staff education.
- SELECTION - Over 600 species of fish and shellfish; each and every one has been responsibly sourced by one of our full-time buyers. If we don’t have it, and it’s available on the commercial market, we’ll get it for you.
- LOCAL FISH - From the docks in Morro Bay to San Diego. We’re able to offer the freshest local seafood at the best price possible.
- EXPERTISE - We offer a full-service team of highly trained sales representatives backed up by 24-hour customer service.
- SEAFOOD EDUCATION - With our ongoing customer training, education, and customized marketing support, we'll help make you and your team seafood experts.
- ARTISANAL CUTTING & CUSTOM PACKAGING - We offer custom processing, packaging, and other retail solutions in-house.
- DELIVERY - Daily delivery to a huge area of California, Arizona, New Mexico, west Texas as well as the Las Vegas region.
- CERTIFICATIONS - We are the first and only seafood company in the U.S. to achieve both the internationally recognized FSSC 22000 Certification on our foodservice safety systems as well as ISO 14001 Certification. The Company is also MSC, BAP and ASC certified.
- SUSTAINABILITY - Our commitment to seafood sustainability is verified by both our relationships and initiatives. They include:
- Creating the first and only Responsible Sourcing Program which financially supports sustainability-focused projects within our industry.
- The USA’s only seafood distributor to include a sustainability ranking on all customer invoices along with a GPA for all the products purchased.
- Santa Monica Seafood is a founding member of Sea Pact, an international organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of seafood’s future.