We're Everywhere You Need Us to BeExceptional seafood begins with expert sourcing, handling, and processing
Although our headquarters has been based in southern California since 1939, we are proud to own and operate additional facilities all over the southwestern United States. To that end, we employ a Total Quality Management program to ensure only the freshest seafood enters and leaves our facilities. We employ a careful system of checks and balances, including:
- Routine product inspections, to certify proper storage and handling
- Documentation requirements, including origin and chain of custody information
- Strict oversight of processors by on-site supervisors
- Caps on employee shifts to reduce fatigue- and stress-related workplace accidents
- Equipment and space cleaning using stringent Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) protocols
Our satellite locations share this tight focus on not just food safety but best business practices.
Delivery Reach: We're Everywhere You Need Us to Be
Facilities: Designed for Excellence
Locally Caught Product: Santa Monica Seafood's Welcoming Arms
The integration of Chesapeake Fish by Santa Monica Seafood has been instrumental in preserving our local California fisheries. Chesapeake Fish has joined us as a partner in protecting our coastal fishing resources.
Without their support, our local fishing fleets would face significant challenges, leading to the probable loss of our fisheries. Santa Monica Seafood has provided a crucial home for locally-caught products, ensuring their continued availability and security.