As our company reacts to COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remain our top priorities. Consistent with our cornerstones of reliability and integrity, we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure stability when our customers and colleagues need us most.
Santa Monica Seafood has always understood the importance of Food Safety. We pride ourselves in the care we take with our products, our processing and packaging operations. We understand excellence in this area is why many of our customers choose to work with us, and we value the trust they put in us. In 2019, we passed 32 Food Safety and Environmental audits with high marks.
For general operations and personnel, we will continuously monitor and take our response cues from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations.
Out of an abundance of caution, Santa Monica Seafood is taking additional steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In alignment with CDC guidance, we are recommending any employees who are in a job that can be done from home to do so as frequently as possible.
- We have placed careful restrictions on both international and domestic business travel for employees
- We have discouraged in-person meetings with customers or supplier partners that would normally require travel and have elected to meet virtually whenever possible
- In general, we’ve cancelled employee attendance at all external conventions, forums, conferences, and events where large groups of people are in attendance
- Our internal events will be postponed or cancelled until conditions improve
- Refresher training on all food and facility safety practices has been provided to all employees
- Additional signage has been posted in all locations emphasizing handwashing and encouraging the sick to stay home
Santa Monica Seafood is dedicated to taking every possible precaution to safeguard our staff and business partners and to contribute to the containment of the virus.